Watch for information about 2018 Scholarships.
Flagler County Branch Scholarships
The American Association of University Women-Flagler Branch is pleased to offer scholarships to qualified continuing education students. To qualify for consideration for a scholarship an applicant must send or have sent the following to the American Association of University Women-Flagler Branch, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 354873, Palm Coast, FL 32135.
- A completed application form
- Proof of citizenship and residency in Flagler County. Applicants must be female, a U.S. citizen (may be naturalized), and resident of Flagler county for at least one year. A copy of your voter registration will proveboth; a driver’s license proves residency only.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with plans to work towards a degree. To verify this:
- Have an official transcript or transcripts of credits received indicating a minimum of a B or 3.0 GPA sent to the Scholarship Committee from each of the colleges or universities attended.
- Provide proof of acceptance by college of choice unless currently enrolled at the college.
- Offer two letters of reference, one personal (not a relative); one professional (teachers, employer, church or community leader, etc.) mailed directly to the AAUW Scholarship Committee.
- Resume that includes post-secondary academic history, employment history, volunteer experience, and awards and honors.
- The Scholarship Committee will require an interview if you are a finalist.
If you have any questions, please contact the Scholarship Committee by email at AAUWFlagler@aol.com
Click on this link for local publicity about our 2017 Scholarships https://flaglerlive.com/108091/lw-170515/
Click on this link for local publicity about our 2016 Scholarships http://flaglerlive.com/93772/aauw-scholarships/
*Graduate Students: Please also check out fellowship and grant opportunities at http://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards/
Additional fellowships, career development grants, and community action grants are available on aauw.org. Deadlines for applications vary.
Watch for information about 2018 Arts Grants.
Flagler County Branch Arts Grants
This year the Flagler County Branch of the American Association of University Women is once again pleased to be able to offer grants to local middle and high school girls in grades 7 – 11 pursuing the study of the creative arts. The maximum grant per application is $500.00. Applicants must submit the following:
- Proof of residency in Flagler County (e.g., current record of enrollment in Flagler County schools, ID card, letter from school). Applicants must be female and resident of Flagler County for at least one year.
- Two letters of reference: one personal (not a relative) and one addressing the applicant’s current involvement in the arts. The letters should be mailed directly to the AAUW Flagler Arts Grants committee.
- A completed application form.
An interview may be required for all finalists.
If you have any questions, please contact the Arts Grant Committee by email at AAUWFlagler@aol.com
2017 Winners Evan Hernandez – a 10th grader at Flagler Palm Coast High School and a premier violinist and trombonist with the Flagler Youth Orchestra received $350. Brooklyn Hoffmann – a homeschooler who also participates in Florida Virtual and a violinist with the Flagler Youth Orchestra received $350. Sekora Shuman – a homeschooler who is involved in the Parkview Baptist Church music program received $300.
2016 Winners Annabel Baker – a 10th grade homeschooler received $500 for private violin lessons Cassidy Van Brink – a 10th grader who has appeared in over 45 theatrical performances received $500 to attend 2 Theater Camps.
Flagler Branch/Daytona State College Foundation Scholarships
2015 – Crystal Mills $1,200