The American Association of University Women-Flagler Branch is pleased to offer scholarships to qualified continuing education students. To qualify for consideration for a scholarship an applicant must send or have sent the following to the American Association of University Women-Flagler Branch, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 354873, Palm Coast, FL 32135.
- A completed application form
- Proof of citizenship and residency in Flagler County. Applicants must be female, a U.S. citizen (may be naturalized), and resident of Flagler county for at least one year. A copy of your voter registration will proveboth; a driver’s license proves residency only.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university with plans to work towards a degree. To verify this:
- Have an official transcript or transcripts of credits received indicating a minimum of a B or 3.0 GPA sent to the Scholarship Committee from each of the colleges or universities attended.
- Provide proof of acceptance by college of choice unless currently enrolled at the college.
- Offer two letters of reference, one personal (not a relative); one professional (teachers, employer, church or community leader, etc.) mailed directly to the AAUW Scholarship Committee.
- Resume that includes post-secondary academic history, employment history, volunteer experience, and awards and honors.
- The Scholarship Committee will require an interview if you are a finalist.
Questions? Contact the Scholarship Committee by email at AAUWFlagler1984@gmail.com
Recent Continuing Education Scholarship Winners
2020 – The Mary Ann Clark Scholarship was awarded to Taneisa Jones, a student at the Flagler Campus of Daytona State College.
2019 – $1200 AAUW Flagler continuing education scholarship was awarded to Brianna Flaschner – a Flagler County Daytona State College student through the Daytona State Education Foundation.